Software Craftsmanship is at the heart of this course. Throughout this training series, your team will learn about the Software Craftsmanship mindset and how to apply it within your organisation.
Writing Clean Code is difficult. Cleaning existing code, even more so. Your team should attend if you need them to:
- Align technology to business requirements
- Write clean code that is easy to understand, maintain, and adapt
- Become more proficient in Test-Driven Development (TDD): using tests to design and build
Clean code necessitates good design. Your team will learn how to:
- Understand design principles that lead to clean code
- Avoid over-engineering and large rewrites by incrementally evolving design using tests
Once your team has mastered their understanding of these principles, they will apply them to legacy code. This will allow them to gain confidence working with legacy code.
The software design portion of this training series focuses on the application and microservices levels using business requirements to drive design making. Many of the design discussions during the exercises are focused on real-world scenarios that can be implemented in your organisation.
- internal structure
- delivery mechanism
- core domain
- define the responsibility of each service
- how services collaborate
- internal/external visibility