In order to provide you with the full range of Codurance's services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
Third party websites
The Codurance websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will Codurance collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Codurance website, such as newsletters, events, live chats, message boards or register online, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Codurance and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. We use analysis software to look at IP addresses and cookies for the purpose of enhancing your user experience. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you and the log files are regularly purged. To find out more about cookies and how to delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
How will Codurance use the information they collect about me?
Codurance will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for "service administration purposes", which means that the Codurance may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance).
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- to personalise the way Codurance content is presented to you. IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use and to analyse and improve the services offered on Codurance websites e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- to enable us to review, develop and improve the products, services and special offers online.
- to occasionally carry out market research.
- to send you details of Codurance promotions, products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
Where Codurance proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
When will Codurance contact me?
Codurance may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Codurance can deliver the services to you.
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- in relation to any contribution you have made to Codurance, e.g. surveys (participation is always voluntary)
- and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Will Codurance share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will only use your information within Codurance. However, sometimes Codurance uses third parties to process your information. Codurance will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Codurance will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Protecting your information
Any information sent to us is stored on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel.
Marketing our products and services
We may, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about Codurance promotions.
Offensive or inappropriate content
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a Codurance website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on a Codurance website, Codurance may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Offensive or inappropriate content
Where Codurance reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Codurance may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, email/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Codurance websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will Codurance keep my personal information?
Codurance will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service or promotion.
Where you contribute to Codurance websites Codurance will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I find out what personal information Codurance holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Codurance holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to Codurance at the address below.
15 Northburgh Street, 5th Floor